THE CLICK BUDDY
A free sewing tutorial to create cute photography helpers
- 18″x 6″ (45 x 15 cm) of the fabric you prefer – I used cotton quilt fat quarters (1 fat quarter makes 3 CLICK BUDDIES);
- 4″ (10 cm) of 1/4″ wide elastic;
- felt scraps, ribbons, yarn scraps and whatever you want to embellish your buddy.
Step 1 – Cut a piece of fabric 18″x 6″ (45 x 15 cm).
Step 2 – Fold your fabric in half along the longest edge with right sides facing and pin. Leaving 1/2″ at either end, stitch on the sewing machine leaving a 1/2″ seam allowance.
* I’m using a contrasting colour thread only for tutorial purposes. You should use a matching thread so your work will look neat.
Step 3 – Turn out the 1/2″ edges and finger ( or iron) press them.
Step 4 – Turn the tube right side out making sure the pressed edges are still folded.
Step 6 – Hand stitch the ends of the elastic together or simply tie a knot.
Step 8 – Now that it looks like a donut, all you need to do is decorate it as you like using all the scraps of material you have – felt, ribbons, yarn, buttons… the possibilities are endless! Fit it in your camera lenses and have fun!!!
* You are welcome to sell the products made from this tutorial for charity or profit as long as you don’t sell or reproduce the written tutorial. I do ask that you please share the photos of your finished products here.